Pages

Saturday 2 November 2013

At least the grass has grown......

You may have read the title of this post and thought how boring can it be...well this week it has been very boring with another week passing without any flights. I was scheduled for one but just as I was walking out towards the plane, reports of strong crosswind forced me to cancel the flight.

The grass outside my room is growing phenomenally fast.

As you can see in the picture, we have cats here at Clearways. So far I have seen 5 with 2 only being official residents. One is supposed to have had 8 kittens recently but have yet to be seen as they are apparently hiding in the bushes.

The rest of this week has been occupied by golf. I have played nearly every day this week and has been much needed to pass the time in the afternoons. Below is a couple of shots from Lochiel Golf Club which we played today and is located very close to Clearways and the airport; nearly all the time we have aircraft flying above us making their final approach to land. I would like to say that I'm improving at golf after all the practise we are getting, however after the last 2 days I can't.

The Approach To The 4th Green
The 7th - Par 3

So apart from golfing, watching grass and cats outside my window, I can't really tell you anymore. I was hoping for a few flights this week but hopefully next week will bring some. I should be coming around to a lot of solos. Out of the next 20 flights, 12 are solos practising everything we have done so far (stalling, turning, circuits, forced landings and general handing) as well as navigation, which I have yet to do.

Sorry for another 'boring' post, but hopefully I'll have more to tell in a weeks time.



No comments:

Post a Comment