Pages

Saturday 26 October 2013

Fixed On The Ground This Week

Since the Whakatane flyaway last week, I have not had a single flight. I think this is due to us as a course being ahead of schedule, and my primary instructor being off this week. We were speaking to another course the other day and they had no flights for 2 weeks after their flyaway...hopefully this won't happen to me.

The bigger news this week is that I have moved accommodation. We were expecting to move to Clearways next weekend but we received an email yesterday saying that we needed to have moved by the end of this weekend. Clearways is the purpose-built CTC accommodation located next to the airport. There are over 100 cadets here between 5 blocks, with another under construction. Each block has 2 wings with 20-30 rooms and then there is a central common room, kitchen and laundry. 

I am in a brand new room from an extension that has just been completed on block 2. I am in a shared room where 2 cadets share a kitchenette and bathroom. At the moment I'm on my own, but my room-mate should be in next week as they are one of my CP106 coursemates who are in the UK.

My shared kitchenette

My new bedroom

My room currently looks over a very large brown patch which has just been planted with grass seeds. At the rate grass grows over here in NZ, I'm sure it won't be long until I've got a green lawn to look at. Unfortuneatly thats it for this week. Most of the time was filled watching movies, playing golf, packing and then unpacking - not blogworthy. 

I've just checked my schedule for tomorrow which says I'm not flying, and monday is my rostered day-off so it looks like there will be more days of not flying and being quite bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment