Pages

Friday 4 October 2013

First flight !!!!!!

Last weekend was finished by revising for my air law exam on Monday. I am pleased to say that I passed it with a 94% score. After Monday, we had two more days of groundschool focusing on our first flight such as the mass & balance form and the performance forms to make sure that we can safely complete the flight. We also had to sit through a few safety briefings such as when on the apron and in the air around Hamilton. 

The last stage of groundschool was our first 2 mass briefs: 'effects of controls' and 'straight & level flight'. These involve the whole course/cp learning about another stage of flying so that when we are in the air, we can try and use these skills in the air. It was a good feeling on wednesday as we have finally finished groundschool - we were now free to fly!!!

DA20s & C172s parked up

Thursday was the first day of flying for CP106, but unfortunately it was my Rostered Day Off (RDO) so while I didn't go flying, some of my other coursemates did. Instead I just lazed around most of the day until around 4:30 in the afternoon when the next days roster is released. Luckily I was down as flying at 16:15 on the Friday for my first flight. I reported quite early on Friday and it enabled me to read through my notes and complete my M&B and Performance forms, as well as printing the local weather. The flight came around very quickly and just after 4, we were pushing the aircraft back and took off from runway 25 (the grass runway). Hamilton has 4 runways - 2 paved and 2 grass. We departed to the west and then just got to have a feel of the aircraft and put the aircraft in many different attitude to see the effects of the controls. The weather was not that great so visibility wasn' the best, but it was still great fun to be back in the air after nearly a year and half. 

Just as I was writing this post, I have just been called to bring a lesson forward a few hours, as I have another flight today. Hopefully I will have many more flights over the next week and I will report how they went this time next week. Cya


No comments:

Post a Comment