Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

The beginning of early starts.....

This week I finished my fortnight of no flying and managed to get up in the air for just a couple of flights. My 2 lessons this week were steep turns and PFLs (Practise Forced Landings). The steep turns lesson mainly focused on making 45 degree turns, as well as collision avoidance turns and recovering from spiral dives. The PFLs lesson looked at the pattern we have to fly if we experienced an engine failure, and how to make a landing in a field below - with no power. A couple of my patterns left me a bit too high but should have got me down!!!

A very early morning check, for a flight that eventually didn't happen.

I was supposed to have gone up for a 2 hour solo for me to practise PFLs and steep turns on my own, but unfortunately the weather has been pretty bad for the last few days and it meant I had to cancel the same lesson 4 times. To make matters worse, 2 of the days I was scheduled to fly meant my alarm was set for 04:15AM - too early especially when I didn't get to fly, but I better get use to them.

Aside from flying, not much else has happened this week, except for 4 new additions to Clearways - kittens. As you will probably agree from the picture below they are quite cute. There are two tabbies and two black-striped ones, all from the same tabby mother.

2 New Additions
The weather has got better today and from the NZ forecast we are set to have 10 days of sunshine, so hopefully there will be lots of flights this week for me to tell you about in my next post.....


No comments:

Post a Comment