Pages

Saturday 7 June 2014

Bournemouth

Sorry for my absence of blogging since returning from New Zealand; our course was fortunate enough to get an extra week of before beginning in Bournemouth so I am writing this as we come to the end of our first week here.

After moving into our accommodation last Sunday, we had a 2-day induction at the training centre looking at the differences between NZ and the UK, and the different procedures that we have to carry out for the remainder of our training. The days were very long but lunch at the nearby flying club cafe certainly made up for it.

After completing this induction, I had my first 2 simulator flights on Wednesday and Thursday. These are known as UK Orientation flights where we recapped on what we did in New Zealand with the introduction of UK differences. There are 3 simulators in Bournemouth, 2 of which are the same as those in New Zealand and the other is slightly different but I have yet to go in it.


Next week I hope to have a few more sims, I have 2 more of the UK Orientation flights and then we move onto the next stage. I hope you enjoyed the video I posted below – if you haven’t watched it yet just click the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment