Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

First 3 Cessna Flights

Something amazing happened this week.....I managed to fly an actual plane. After having 67 days off, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week saw me complete 3 of the 8 Cessna IFR flights, holding and completing approaches into Hamilton.

In the first lesson I tracked to and from Hamilton's VOR (navigational aid) and completed a few holds. If your not sure what a hold is, look at the post below. The second and third lesson looked at flying the VOR/DME approach and the RNAV (GPS) approach. The basic styles for both of these are shown below:
VOR/DME Approach
RNAV Approach
Flying IFR seems to definitely increase your workload, and with strict procedures to follow you really need to be accurate and good with time management. Its my day off today, but hopefully over the next week I will have completed quite a few more of these Cessna flights, as after the next 5, I'm then onto the twinstar!!!!!

I'll leave you with a few pictures over sunny Hamilton from the last week...

CTC's new livery
Cessna 172
Entering Cloud
Hamilton Sunset
CTC from take-off
Clearways Accommodation

No comments:

Post a Comment